El Coto Blanco Rioja - 750ML
In early 1945, Julio RamÃrez de la Piscina, followed the tradition inherited from his parents in Ãbalos, and continued cultivating the family vineyards in San Vicente de la Sonsierra and began producing traditional Rioja wines. In 1961, Julio moved to Bilbao with his wife Angela and began selling his wine in the old Bodeguilla Riojana in the Plaza del CorazÃ³n de MarÃa. In 1973, Bodegas RamÃrez was officially founded and began to sell bottled wine under this name. In 1980, the fourth generation of the RamÃrez de la Piscina family took over management of the winery, and in 1987, the name was changed to Bodegas RamÃrez de la Piscina. The name change honors the family's historic surname, which is an ancient aristocratic Medieval Riojan name, originating from a 12th Century Romanesque church nearby the vineyards called Santa MarÃa de la Piscina. All of the vineyards are estate owned and the vast majority of the plantings are Tempranillo on high density trellis. The oldest Tempranillo vineyards are head trained, and the family owns a few small plants of Garnacha, Viura, and Malvasia, that are used for the Rosado and Blanco. Ramirez de la Piscina champions the tradition of ageing classified, traditional styled Rioja.
If the item details above aren’t accurate or complete, we want to know about it. Please report incorrect product info.